Sunday, April 4, 2010

Into the 37th week


This is the final countdown. This weekend we did several things to continue to prep for baby. We attended a cloth diapering class yesterday and learned a lot about cloth diapering. We will not be doing it full time because of daycare-but want to switch on and off to cloth diapering to help save some money and some diaper rash. We bought some cute diaper covers. If there was no reason to cloth diaper, the cuteness alone would be reason enough.

We also got a Bumbo seat and more crib sheets at Babies R Us. Finally, we got ribbon for the shades we are making for the baby's windows. They will be white with tan ribbon and I am hoping they look good. :) We also got some Swimmies diapers for when we can go into the pool :) These are pretty cute too. Finally, I found some Baby Legs for 1/2 off-I love those things. I got green with brown polka dots and green argyle.

I am feeling good-although Brandon got a nasty cold last week and I am coming down with it. Obviously this is concerning considering how close I am to going into labor (only a few weeks away). I am drinking fluids and trying to get lots of rest.

Here is what the baby is doing this week:Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 lbs and is a bit over 19 inches.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

don't worry about the cold- though you feel like crap- #1 your body will produce antibodies in the colostrum to prevent the baby from becoming sick.... Also #2 after baby comes you can pump and dump and load up on cold med and heal faster! YAY! :)

Adrienne said...

I hope you feel better soon!

erin said...

We have those same froggy diaper covers. Too cute! Hope that you feel better soon.