Sunday, April 18, 2010

14 Days Left Until my Due Date....

Heading into Week 39-Most likely we have less than 2 weeks before we meet this baby. At our appointment last week, our midwife told us that the baby is VERY low in the pelvis (explains why it feels like the baby could fall out) HA! She said I am dilated a bit, and the cervix is thinning. She didn't think we would make it to our due date. She said-she would be surprised, and would bet money that we don't go late. I guess we will have to wait and see.

So far we have had a good weekend-busy with last minute baby/ house preparations. We are headed into the 39th week-with less than 14 days until my due date. We had our breastfeeding class yesterday and it was very helpful. I learned a lot of things about what is normal/ what isn't normal with breastfeeding that I think will really help us to try to navigate that road.

At work and around town I am starting to get comments like, "Hasn't that baby been born yet?" or "Oh my goodness-how are you holding up?" Seriously-some people know just what NOT to say to a pregnant momma. :)

In week 39, here is what the baby is doing:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He/She continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he/she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, like a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his/her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

No comments: