Tuesday, April 27, 2010

5 days before my due date...

No sign of this baby yet, just when I think we are getting close the contractions stop. :) Everyday that I keep going into work is another day I can have with baby when he/she arrives though! Yesterday was kind of tough because I was not in a good mood being at work-it didn't help that I worked an 11 hour work day...in the 40th week of pregnancy and working 55 hour weeks, gotta love being a lawyer--I am so ready for maternity leave! After work we got all the groceries that we will need for those first few days home and some stuff for the labor--some snacks, popsicles, etc. (Brandon has been instructed to sneak me fruit/dried fruit,etc. if I ask for it in the hospital) and since we plan on laboring at home for a while, the popsicles should come in handy. We will also bring them to the hospital so that I have my own personal supply.

On another note, these days all I crave is liquid and I drink so much water, juice and milk that I can't even believe it-I must be a camel. We go to the store once a week and buy about three bottles of juice. Brandon and I (mostly I) drink 2 gallons of delivered non-fat milk a week and I drink about 3-5 bottles of water a day. This must be one thirsty baby!!! Already as I sit here I have had a glass of water and two glasses of juice! Anyone else had this during pregnancy? My midwife said it is normal and that it just requires a lot of fluid to keep baby and I healthy-blood pressure is always normal and gestational diabetes was negative. I guess I just have a thirsty little person on my hands.

Well, better get ready for work. Please check back for updates-if we go into labor, I will update this blog as much as I can.

1 comment:

Harper & Maida said...

Hang in there honey...baby will come when he/she is ready :) Do some stairs, that worked for me (did them the night before my due date and sure enough, water broke at 5a!). Oh, and I went through 2 gallons of milk a week, too! ~Melissa