I have one week left in the pregnancy and this baby has yet to make an appearance. I did have some pretty strong contractions last night, so we will see if maybe they continue on into the day...I doubt it though. We have been living life as normal and just working on trying to get the house ready and our baby names decided-so tough to name a little human being you have never met. I have been going to bed super early and waking up super early-kind of strange. A nap or two here or there has helped too. I want to feel rested when/ if I go into labor soon. Meanwhile, if things don't get rolling today, I will continue with a normal work week next week--luckily I don't have any court appearances, so the water breaking in the courtroom thing can't happen HA! Here is what the baby is doing this week:
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary. Get ready this baby will be here soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment