I am in the hospital and in labor. The day started dramatically-we had a midwife appt at 8:30 am and had the membranes swept again. The midwife then decided she wanted to monitor the heartbeat. The baby was tired this morning because the heartbeat wasn't fluctuating as much as they liked, so we were sent for more monitoring. After about an hour of monitoring it was determined Baby Albano was fine. However, the midwives wanted to keep monitoring it just in case. We had the decision whether to be released or to stay and be induced. We DID NOT want an induction. We asked the midwife to check me again-when she did the baby had cooperated and acupuncture had helped and we were all the way to 4 cm. Currently I am at 5 cm. At that point, the midwife decided I was progressing and would probably be back tonight anyway, she offered to break my water (to try to again avoid Pitocin). Currently, water is broken and contractions are getting stronger. Hopefully we will keep progressing! Brandon will keep you guys updated. For now, signing off and the next time you hear from me, I should be a momma! :)
7 comments:
Dear Becky and Brandon,
Just read the latest post and I am so excited - for everyone! I hope that before too long, I'll be able to read that Baby Albano is here. You're definitely in my thoughts.
All my love,
Ellan
We are so excited for you guys! We will be sending good labor thoughts your way tonight.
Erin, Will, and Colin
I just heard from Missy. I hope its fast and easy. We are all thinking about you and praying for easy and enjoyable labor. Cant wait to see the first picture of Baby Albano!
Good thinking avoiding the pit...it is a beast! So happy and excited for you guys and can't wait to hear the news...I'm guessing boy :) Harper says good luck, too!
xoxoxo M.
I am sooooo excited! Can't wait to come meet this precious baby. Perfect mother's day present too...
:)
Love to you all!
Post a Comment