Monday, October 21, 2013

Isla Vivienne Albano

Our baby GIRL was born October 17, 2013 at 7:04 pm. She was 6 lbs 11 oz and 20 3/4 inches long. She is a tiny peanut and such an amazing, sweet baby. We are absolutely head over heels in love with her, as is Hudson.

Baby Isla sleeps a lot, when she isn't sleeping she is content to look around and only gets upset when either cold or hungry (like her mommy lol). Her birth was amazing. We went in the morning of the 17th, only to find that the fluid was lower than it had been tuesday. I must have had a leak, as I had suspected on tuesday. We were sent over to labor and delivery for an induction and we were nervous about the entire situation. At 11:15 am, I was given a cervical ripener to try to spur on labor. I went from zero centimeters dilated to 3 cm in a few hours. After that, the midwife on call broke my water. Following that, hard labor started (as it had with Hudson), I labored on the ball for a while then went into the bathtub and labored with Brandon and our Doula, Julie until I was about 8 cm. I got an epidural at 6:30 pm, and felt an intense urge to push right after that. The doctors asked me to wait for a bit (my dr was on her way!) and with ten minutes of pushing (3 pushes to be exact), our sweet, teeny tiny baby girl was in the world. I will remember until the day I die how absolutely gorgeous she was and how grateful we were for her health.

She is tiny but fierce and her heartbeat stayed strong throughout labor.  We couldn't be more grateful for our gorgeous son and daughter.

Brandon is on paternity leave and I am LOVING my maternity leave. I am off until January 30, 2014! (taking about 14-15 weeks). Hudson still goes to school for part of the day, but overall we are having a cozy fall together as a family the next few weeks. I can't wait to have a Christmas shopping partner this season too!

Here are a couple of pics of baby Isla.
 She literally looks like and acts like a darling baby doll.  Baby girl, your daddy and I are absolutely in love with you.

No comments: