Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heading Into Week 30 (Wow)

Everyone said when you get into the 30ish weeks it will all start to become very real. Well, the fact that we could potentially have this baby in eight weeks and still be term is a little nutty. However, even more nutty is the fact that last night, I could literally feel a foot gouging out of my belly (and even crazier-Brandon could feel it too). We sat very still and Brandon talked into my belly very close. Each time he did, a little foot (we think) would come to the surface and brush against his face. The baby truly was reacting to daddy's voice and letting us know that he/ she is in there and doing good! It was pretty magical.

We have had several guesses of the gender this week from clients and other people I don't even know-most of them are guessing girl now. :) I guess we will see. :) I would love to have a healthy baby girl or boy. My baby girl coming home outfit is mighty cute though!

On another front, the third trimester is having some interesting side effects. As the baby gets bigger, he or she is smashing the rest of my organs, causing some stomach aches and some interesting aches and pains. I have even woken up to some Braxton Hicks contractions, which are interesting. Overall though, I do feel pretty darn good and I am thrilled that we have made it this far with no problems. The baby is growing like a weed. Here is an update:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds, like a head of cabbage. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments: