Monday, August 5, 2013

Baby Albano, Gardening and Being Busy :)

Friday we had our 28 week ultrasound to check the placenta (it had been low lying). The placenta is great and moved in the right direction. Yay for heading towards a normal, uneventful birth (we hope)!  We ended up getting sent to a specialist because the sonographer thought she saw something with the intestines on the ultrasound (talk about scary), but the specialist saw us late friday and all is great and healthy. We are so grateful for our healthy babies. The nursery is almost ready, I just need to get things hung up.

We spent the weekend in the backyard, gardening, putting in a raised planter and transplanting the bell peppers, tomatoes, herbs, jalapenos and lavender I had been growing into the bed. Brandon did an amazing job on the planter box. I love it! I also planted tons of plants in the backyard (black-eyed susans, russian sage, boxwood, karl foerster grass, echinacea to name a few). I got some of my first mums (for the backyard and will replace the front petunias as soon as they don't look so good--they look too healthy to take out).  We replaced some lighting in the backyard and will replace those on the garage this week.

I have scheduled the workup for cabinets in the laundry room too-thank goodness! I should have had those put in to start.  It has been a pain with no storage.

Our big boy has been doing fantastically with potty training. This is a good thing, considering school starts in a week! Eeek. Tuesday Hudson's teacher Ms. Lauren comes to our house for a home visit. Friday is orientation. I still haven't completed school supply shopping. This week :)

Less than 80 days til baby!!!!

I'll post pics of the house updates this week. Time to get rolling for the week!


Becky

No comments: