Tuesday, December 8, 2009

20 week Ultrasound

I just got back from a business trip to Delaware and Philadelphia. What an exhausting trip! Glad to be home! We had our 20 week ultrasound this afternoon. It was so fun to watch the baby for so long--we got to stare at our little girl or guy for an hour! :) We of course didn't find out the sex, but asked that it be placed on a piece of paper inside an envelope (which is now in our drawer). The dr. said the baby was very cooperative in showing his or her gender and she is quite sure of what she wrote. :) We will open this after the baby is born...but will tempt ourselves until that day knowing it is in our home. :)

Everything looked normal and healthy and on-track. Baby Albano was active but didn't allow a lot of side profile shots. I guess he or she may be shy (or scared of ultrasound waves). We saw fingers and toes (all looked to be normal), a "beautiful" spine per the doctor, cute little knees and feet, etc. I will post some pics tomorrow. Hope all is well. We are surviving the arctic temps here in Denver--hoping it will warm up soon. I think currently the temp is 0 degrees at 5:14 pm. Seriously, what the hell.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Two things: 1) Can't believe the answer is just in your drawer! That's too much suspense for me. 2) Seriously, what the hell -- feels like -12? What does that FEEL LIKE?

Becky &Brandon said...

Ha! I can't believe the answer is in the drawer either. The temp feels horrible (ever seen March of the Penguins) HA!