Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oh my goodness.

So I have spent the last two months worrying about planning a wonderful first birthday party for Hudson. Everything from the cupcakes to the coordinating soda colors to the food. It went on today without a hitch and we had a great time with all of our wonderful friends and family. It was quite the gathering-with over fifty people. We really couldn't have asked for more wonderful weather (80 and perfect), friends (everyone came out to see our little man and we were really excited to see everyone). Hudson loved having everyone around and thought it was VERY exciting. :) He has loved having his Ellie-Bubbie, Poppy, Aunts and Uncles in town. He got a wagon from Grandma and Grandpa, table and chairs form mom, dad, Ellie-Bubbie and Poppy, rocket ship from Aunt Dominique, and many great toys, books and clothes as gifts. We had green deviled eggs, green grape juice mixed with champagne, everything orange and green hues, including cupcakes that were very yummy. Everyone has gone home now....and I sit here tonight thinking that my baby isn't a baby anymore, and that one year ago today I was in labor with him. He will be 1 at 12:22 am (less than two hours). Eeek.... Now I am emotional, and I want to go hold my baby, who is sleeping like a big boy in his crib upstairs. What a day, and what a miracle. I just hope he doesn't keep growing up this fast.....

No comments: